Friday 16 May 2014

DRESSED TO STRESS

You are now entering Borderline Bitchdom

Coat: H&M, Jumper: H&M, Shirt: New Look, Jeans: New Look, Shoes: Next, Bag: River Island, Sunglasses: ASOS, Gold Chain: vintage

Boo exams. Boo exams for making me compulsively eat cereal straight out of the packet, and boo exams for making me neglect British Vague. Boo. 

But I'm here now, taking a short break from uni revision and cramming my face with granola to bring you my latest, semi exam themed outfit post. And when I say exam themed, I don't mean I am accessorising with the Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism (though it came close), but rather that I'm dressed to stress.

Because you know that bit in The Devil Wears Prada where Anne Hathaway gets a makeover and she looks amazing but kind of stressed and bitchy? Yeah? Well, that's what I've gone for. It's 'don't talk to me; I have books to read and hair to pull out. Kthanksbye' dressing. But while Anne had Miranda Priestley phoning her 900 times a day, I have Marxist literary theory revision. In other words, RAYMOND WILLIAMS IS MY MERYL STREEP.
I know, I know. It's a somewhat depressing realisation. But it's one that, for the next few days at least, I'm going to embrace. Whilst I wade through literary criticism, I am choosing to nurture my inner Devil Wears Prada-style bitchy PA - and this is a choice which is proving to have perks. When one is dressed to stress, do people come up to you in the library cafe asking you to fill out surveys? No! They watch silently as you disappear with your coffee in a flurry of cold-hearted tweed, dagger-ended pointed flats, and 'don't even make eye contact with me' shades. 

Okay. So maybe I'm being a tiny bit melodramatic, but hopefully you get my point. In times of distress, you can always turn to The Devil Wears Prada.

Vaguely (bitchy),
Elizabeth x





 Thanks to Beth Sharrock for the photos!

4 comments:

  1. love this outfit but your hair is just amazing!! gorgeous girl :) xx

    www.lackofcolor.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you - I'd had it cut a couple of days prior to this shoot, so this is as good as it gets! xx

      Delete

Thoughts? Please share!

Blogger Templates from pipdig